Mars Life

9.29.2005

Dive in, the water's fine!

So it begins. My last day of full-time, "day job" employment is tomorrow.

Starting Tuesday, I'll be a full time student. Again. Fairly frightening considering I have no idea how I'll be supporting myself financially at this point. The major expenses will be covered by a Creative Education loan, which is a private loan, but has lower interest rates than other private loans. However, because of this special loan, I need to document what all my expenses are and the amount I'll receive will be based off of this budget. Great. All that extra spending I do from day to day will be brought to a startling halt.

In any event, I'm doing this primarily because in order for me to remain at least a half-time student, I would need to take at least one weekday day course. Yup, my education and career were colliding in complete conflict. So, rather than lose my financial aid and further postpone my education and live with an actual income, I opted to give up the income and instead go to school full time. I hope to supplement my income with some freelance work, as this will garner my portfolio for the impending job search, as well as make me a bit of cash in the meantime. However, the current portfolio isn't even assembled, and I'm sure future work will be based off of this theoretical portfolio I'm in the process of putting together.

I've got a pretty full course-load, of a diverse variety of subjects. I'll be taking some advanced life drawing, which I'm very excited for, a flash course, a 3D modeling course, and a storyboarding course. If I keep at it at this pace, I'll have completed by January of 2007. But let's slow down, eh? The joy is in the journey after all. With a lot more time spent in the house, not going anywhere, I hope you'll be hearing from me more often.

Gulp... Wish me luck!

More to come.

3 Comments:

  • Godspeed, my studious friend, as you cross to the side of pajamas til 2pm, coffee in your home mug all morning, and maybe a wee peep at one the 1,000 Law and Order episodes aired daily.

    Oh, yeah, I guess you'll be in class, too.

    That's the best part! !

    Sounds like a good course schedule to me.

    By Blogger Mego, at 9/29/2005 2:55 PM  

  • i'm a little jealous to tell the truth.
    PJs until 2pm sounds mighty fine from this side of the day job sector.

    By Blogger Vegas, at 9/29/2005 3:08 PM  

  • You guys, that does sound excellent! Too bad my tuesdays and thursdays are going to start even earlier than they do now!!!

    8AM Classes?

    Boooo.

    No Biz-Cas? Yay.

    Oh yeah, and 9AM on Fri and Sat.

    There you go, now you and everyone knows my schedule.

    By Blogger mars, at 9/29/2005 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com